Ingredients: - 8 large scallops
- 1 fresh lime or lemon Sauce: - 1 shallot
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbl fish sauce
- 1/8 tsp star anise, crushed to a powder
- 1 tsp Darn Hot Peppers Thai Spice
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 4 tbs good-quality coconut milk Other:
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup additional coconut milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil for frying
Preparation: -Place all sauce ingredients in a blender. Blend well to form a thick sauce.
-Place 2-3 tbs of the paste in a mixing bowl.
-Add the scallops and gently stir, so that scallops are covered with sauce.
-Set aside. -Pour 2-3 tbs canola oil into a wok or frying pan over medium-high heat.
-When the oil is hot, add the rest of the sauce.
-Stir-fry the paste (2-3 minutes).
-Add 1/4 cup coconut milk to the sauce and stir.
-Cook two minutes, until the sauce is bubbling, add the scallops.
-Cook scallops by stirring and turning them in sauce.
-Check the inner scallop flesh after 3 minutes to see if they are cooked.